Terms and Conditions – Lyon International Model United Nations 2019
Lyon International Model United Nations is a simulation of the United Nations, organized by the student organization Lyon MUN.
In order to register to Lyon MUN 2019 and attend the conference, all participants must accept these terms and conditions.
Lyon International Model United Nations welcomes University and High School students between above the age of 16.
- The number of participants under the age of 18 is limited to 75, as Lyon MUN is a University-level Conference. The system is based on a first come, first served basis.
- Participants under the age of 18 must be under the supervision of a parent, teacher or faculty advisor.
- Delegates may register as an individual or as part of a group.
- Groups of four or more (4+) delegates may register as a delegation for the conference.
- Teachers and MUN advisors who have a role in planning and supervising a delegation attending Lyon MUN 2019 may register as faculty advisors.
- Individuals interested in discovering Model United Nations without participating to committee sessions may register as observers.
- To be examine, all applications must be complete and include a motivation letter and an ID photo.
- Lyon MUN is a University-Level Conference, so university students’ applications are examined in priority.
- The Secretariat of Lyon MUN 2019 reserves the right to deny or reject a registration application from the conference at any point in time before the conference due to no respect of one of these Terms and Conditions.
REGISTRATION PROCESS AND CONFERENCE DATES
- All registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration is considered as completed once the fees are paid.
- Once maximum capacity is reached (with regards to payments), delegates will be able to register and will be placed on a waitlist, with a first come, first served basis.
- Early registration deadline is March 10th, 2019.
- Regular registration deadline is May 12th, 2019.
- Late registration will only be open as long as maximum capacity for the conference is not reached.
- The conference will take place on May 23rdto 26th, 2019.
REGISTRATION FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Delegate feesinclude all services offered by Lyon MUN 2019 during the conference, such as lunches for committee sessions days (May 24th and 25th), delegates’ welcome pack, coffee breaks, social event n°1, free access to all venues, etc.
- The full amount for each individual delegate or delegation application must be paid in full by March 10th, 2019 for early registration and May 12th, 2019 for regular registration.
- Fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Early registration fee is 50€ for single delegates as well as delegation members.
- Regular registration fee is 55€ for single delegates and 50€ for delegation members.
- Head delegate fee is 50€.
- Faculty advisor or Observers fee is 30€.
- The Social Silver fee is 15€ (Committee’s Evening social).
- The Social Golden fee is 30€ (Committee’s Evening social and Delegate’s Ball).
- The Social Silver Pack fee is 65€ (Delegates fee and Committee’s Evening Social), [60€ during Early registrations].
- The Social Golden Pack fee is 80€ (Delegates fee, Committee’s Evenign Social and Delegate’s ball) [75€ during Early registrations].
- Participants under the age of 18 are not allowed to participate to the Delegate’s ball because of security reasonsso not allowed to purchase the Golden Social fee or Golden Social pack. If they wish to attend social events, they must purchase the Silver Social fee or Silver Social Pack.
- After payment of the fees, positions in committees will be done via MyMUN. Preferences will be taken into account within reasonable measure.
- Upon request, successful registrants who have completed payment will be issued a letter of invitation stating the status of their participation to Lyon MUN 2019.
- The visa letter will only be given to delegates, not to observers.
- Registrants will to receive such a letter must request it by emailing email@example.com.
- Registrants may use the letter of invitation in their visa application process.
- Lyon International Model United Nations cannot guarantee that the French government will grant the visa, the visa letter is not an official document.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to secure the necessary documentation to enter the French Republic.
- The organization not refund delegates whose visa was denied.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION AND AWARDS
- Certificates of participation will only be issued to delegates who have attended all committee sessions. Delegates who miss committee sessions shall not be eligible to receive a certificate of participation.
- Certificates will be handed out physically on the last day of the conference.
- Awards may only be granted to officially registered delegates of the conference who have attended all sessions and proven outstanding participation and positive contribution to the discourse of the conference.
- Awards are handed out during the closing ceremony.
RESPONSIBILITY / LIABILITY
- Conference participants are responsible for their own safety at all times.
- High school students or minors attending the conference must be accompanied by a parent, teacher or faculty advisor to be responsible for their safety. Lyon International Model United Nations is not accountable for the supervision of minors and does not accept any liability in that regard.
- Any form of damage to property at any of the venues and at any point in time, is strictly prohibited. The occurrence of such damage would result in damage compensation and Lyon Model United Nations shall not accept responsibility for it.
- Illegal activities are strictly prohibited during the conference. Therefore, Lyon International Model United Nations is not responsible and cannot be held accountable for any illegal activity partaken by a participant during the conference.
- Lyon International Model United Nations is not responsible and cannot be held accountable for any injury, whether fatal or not, sustained by participants during the conference.
- Lyon International Model United Nations is legally separate from the content of any discussions that take place within the committees and any views, statements, or anything else expressed by any participant at any point in time.
- Lyon International Model United Nations is not responsible for valuables or personal belongings of participants to the conference.
- The following behavioral rules apply to all participants to the conference delegates, faculty advisors and observers, chairs, volunteers, staff and members of Lyon MUN 2018 Secretariat.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, registrants certify that all information submitted during the application process is truthful and accurate. Any falsification of information or impersonation is considered a legal violation.
- The dress code of Lyon MUN 2018 is formal western business attire. Participants are requested to observe formal attire during all the Conference. National or traditional attire is allowed as long as it respects the formality of the event.
- The official language of the conference is English. Committee languages are English, French and Spanish.
- Diplomacy and decorum are mandatory at all times during the conference. Participants are expected to be of the highest professional and ethical standard at all times. Mutual respect for peers, staff, guests and all participants are required at all times.
- Any type of discrimination and / or harassment due to religion, political or personal opinions, sexual orientation, gender, disability is strictly prohibited. The Secretariat encourages anyone who is the victim of such behavior to report it immediately.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any position paper or resolution found to be plagiarism will result in immediate sanctions.
- Alcohol and illicit substances are strictly prohibited during the entire conference. Any participant found in possession of such a substance will be immediately sanctioned.
- Participants under the age of 18 are not allowed to switch bracelets and try to consume alcohol during social events.
- Participants must abide by the laws of the French Republic during the entire duration of the conference.
- Participants are personally responsible for all damages to facilities and venues of the conference.
- The Secretariat of Lyon MUN 2019 reserves the right to deny a registration application or dismiss any delegate from the conference at any point in time before, or during the conference due to lack of compliance with these behavioral rules.
- Failure to comply with these behavioral rules may result in the following sanctions: ineligibility for awards, dismissal from the conference, banishment for the conference in the future, or any other appropriated sanction, including legal action.
PRIVACY AND FOOTAGE
- Lyon International Model United Nations reserves the right to utilize all data submitted by applicants and to collect data in various forms.
- Any participant of the conference automatically agrees that pictures or videos may be taken of them at any time during the conference and social events without limitations.
- The organization reserves the right to edit or publish footage during or after the conference at any point in time on any platform without prior notice.
LYON MODEL UNITED NATIONS 2019©